A Problem-Solving Approach to Law
Get Your Life Back
Get Peace of Mind
You don't need to be confused or intimidated with legal jargon. You don't need a lecture on the law. You want effective solutions to the problems you face -- solutions that get your life back on track quickly.
As a Maryland bankruptcy lawyer and Virginia bankruptcy attorney, I help clients facing insurmountable debt understand their legal options so that a plan for overcoming financial debt can be developed and implemented.
If you are facing overwhelming debt, I offer a free, no-obligation consultation so that I can learn about your situation, and so that you can ask me any questions you might have concerning bankruptcy or otherwise. Once I learn about your situation, I can advise you of the options that are available for overcoming debt, including the option of bankruptcy. If bankruptcy is a consideration, I will explain the bankruptcy process, and will work with you to identify assets that may be exempt under the bankruptcy laws (these are referred to as “exempt assets” – they are assets that creditors cannot take).
With offices in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, our firm serves bankruptcy clients throughout suburban Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington DC. If you need a bankruptcy lawyer in Alexandria, Bethesda, Rockville, Silver Springs, or any of the surrounding towns and communities, please call us.
Our Firm’s Focus is to Help You with Bankruptcy, Tax, and Collection Matters
Whether it's stopping a wage garnishment , dealing with a state or IRS tax levy or lien , halting a foreclosure on a home or car repossession , or saving a business , our job is to help you find the best way to reach your goal.
In short, getting things done is what we are all about.
Call and schedule a free initial consultation.
Get over your fear and move on with your life
Based on more than twenty years of legal experience, we can take away the worry and uncertainty. We'll find a personal solution to your situation .
Still need more information?
For answers about how to file bankruptcy in Maryland, how to file bankruptcy in Virginia, or how to file bankruptcy in Washington, DC, or getting help with tax problems , look at the information we provide -- such as the FAQs on left -- as a first step in finding solutions.
- What assets are exempt in a Maryland bankruptcy or Virginia bankruptcy?
- How long does the bankruptcy process take?
- What is the process for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Maryland or Virginia?
- What is a Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
We pride ourselves on individual attention to our clients.
At this law firm, you are not just another legal matter --- YOU matter.
We look forward to working with you.
What set us apart from other bankruptcy lawyers and tax attorneys is that we are both, and have significant experience in each. The law firm's principal has been in practice for more than twenty years, including experience with the IRS. Bankruptcy has been a major part of our practice for more than fifteen years.
We focus solely on matters of financial law.
As a tax lawyer, our services include advice and representation for offers in compromise, release of tax liens, tax levy defense, collection due process hearings, tax garnishments, innocent spouse relief, IRS and state audits and examinations, and litigation in the US Tax Court.
In bankruptcy law, we plan and help you file bankruptcy under Chapter 7, Chapter 13, or Chapter 11 in the local bankruptcy courts for Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
At the initial consultation we will gather the facts from you, review any relevant documents you have, and answer all your questions.
By the time we are done, you will understand exactly what your problem is, and what the options are to address it.
Don't wait. It won't get better with time. Contact us and we'll get started.
- How to Pay for Your Bankruptcy Case One of the most frequent questions I get is: "How am I going to pay the attorney's fees and costs for a bankruptcy?" Yes, we know you're seemingly ....
- Warning: A "Charge Off" On Your Credit Report Does NOT Mean You Don't Owe It It happened again this week. The client comes into the consultation smiling broadly. He just needs help with a loan modification, he argues. He ....
- Getting Sued? Here's One Very Easy Way to Defend. A layperson is often at a disadvantage when defending against a debt collection suit filed by an attorney. The debtor as a defendant does not know ....
- It's Still Not Easy, But IRS May Be Moving Toward Granting More Back Tax Relief There may be some good news for taxpayers with problems since IRS loosened up the rules for relief in 2012, according to recently-released reports by ....