Should I File for Bankruptcy?
The decision on whether or not to file bankruptcy is a personal one and not to be taken lightly. There are many factors that go into the decision, including (but not limited to):
- Amount of debt in question.
- Type of debt, whether secured, priority, dischargeable, etc.
- Value and nature of the debtor's assets.
- How assets are titled and whether there are any co-owners.
- Whether a spouse is involved, such as a co-debtor, or co-owner of assets.
- Disposable income as a function of gross income and the debtor's unique expenses.
- Timing of any pending collection action against the debtor or collateral.
Our firm is adept at helping you decide which is the best course of action for you. We take all of the different factors into account and then present you with all options, including not filing at all. The only way to truly know if bankruptcy is the right choice is to schedule an appointment and go over the facts and documents in person.
Visit our Bankruptcy FAQ page for more answers to your questions.